I USE DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHY
AS A WAY TO CAPTURE PEOPLE
It’s a no brainer if you want to get married and party without giving the photography a second thought. Above all else it’s a real approach and done right, fills your gallery with the photos that matter.
It’s not staged, fake, or cringe.
And real is timeless, so your photos never look dated. The only thing time will do to your photos is make them irreplaceable.
Those photos of family, friends and feelings will eventually take that top spot in your gallery right above all your ‘we did a wedding’ pictures.
IM NOT SURE WHEN
I BECAME AWKWARD IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA
Maybe I always have been. Maybe that’s just me. I struggle to smile on command, I do something weird with my face, I’ve heard it’s not my best look so I’m still trying to figure it out.
I never know what to do with my hands either.
Forgetting about the camera lets me relax and the best photos of me were taken on the sly.
No surprises there.
So that’s why I approach weddings the way I do. I come in under the radar to capture people at ease. Your wedding will overflow with real blink-and-it’s-gone moments which you’d never be able to set up. And besides, you look awesome just as you are so don’t be fooled into thinking you have to do ‘anything’ for photos. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
My mission isn’t just making awesome photos, it’s to banish any awkwardness surrounding photography for you and your guests so we can kick it to the curb and get on with the business of making real photos.
You’ll have more fun, more wedding and better photos by pretending I’m a piece of furniture
Born long ago
To bewildered parents, It was noted by the alarmed midwife that I had the largest umbilical cord they’d ever seen. (It’s a proper outtie btw, it’s said she muttered something about tying a rope).
I’m a green fingered, estate driving, pen chewing, dodgy public speaker, who’s partial to a bit of internet shopping, online gaming and obsessive about taking notes.
Ellie will always be the lid to my pot as she’s the one that made me want to give up all the others. (She likes me when I say that).
13 facts you never knew you
wanted to know
- I can’t have enough Tom Yum soup in my life.
- Bitter leaf salad is served in hell. Fact.
- Our house is mostly Ikea, photos and Gordon Ramsey books.
- It’s also where I battle daily about where the washing up liquid should be.
- I want to live in a world where everyone loves their job and there’s only one type of usb cable to rule them all.
- I’m compelled to get down on all fours to talk dog with every new dog I meet.
- I care for a happy house plant named Chuck. (Wipe his leaves, rotate him, occasionally he’s allowed outside).
- When the sun’s up, I’m up.
- I take cold showers.
- My man crushes: Cavill, McConaughey and DiCaprio.
- I’m guilty of spreading my butter too thickly, but I’m repulsed by milk.
- I get musical goosebumps.
- Live for remixes.
- Play songs on repeat.
- And listen to Purple Disco Machine.